the weather was not ideal, we debated on whether or not to
continue along the Long Trail to the Mt. Ellen summit, another 3.7
miles down the trail. After a
brief discussion we decided to go for it since it was not raining
and no heavy rain was forecasted for this day. In the end, we made
the right decision.
When we arrived
back to Mt. Abraham from our trip out to Mt. Ellen the weather was
a little better, but there were still no views. On our way down
the mountain, we helped a woman who was "terrified" by
the rocky sections of the trail. I wonder how she got up there in
the first place.