(click for recipe)
Note: We substituted Gragnanese
Capunti Tricolore noodles for egg noodles.
- 8 oz. medium egg noodles (substitute noodles are o.k.)
- 2 Tbsb butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 brick (8 oz) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tub (16 oz) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
1. Boil noodles as package directs, drain.
2. Meanwhile heat oven to 350F. Have a 2-quart baking dish ready.
3. Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add onion and
sauté 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown and tender, set aside.
4. Whisk cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in eggs,
sour cream, salt and pepper, then noodles and onion. Spread in ungreased baking dish.
5. Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes until cream cheese mixture sets and noodles brown on top.